Makes 6-8 large tacos
1 big garlic clove
Small handful of cilantro
2 cans of black beans (organic if possible)
Whole wheat tortillas
3 cups white or brown rice
Extra virgin olive oil
Spices: salt, pepper, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder
1. Chop 1 clove of garlic and ¼ onion into small pieces and set to the side. Cut up the remainder of the onion and peppers into slices and set to the side for fajitas.
2. Place the small chopped onions and garlic in a large pot over medium-high heat with olive oil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add in 2 cans of black beans with liquid. Add 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, stir and cover and let simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Start rice, add 3 ½ cups of water to a pot and 3 cups of rice, 1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil and 1 tsp salt, cook on medium for 15 minutes and then reduce to low for 10 minutes.
5. Next fajitas, put 1 tsp of olive oil in the pan until sizzling, add the sliced onions and peppers into the pan and add ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper, and ½ tsp of chili powder, stir and leave cooking for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
6. Last is tomato salad: chop tomatoes into small cubes, chop avocado into small cubes, and chop cilantro into small pieces, place all ingredients in a bowl and add juice from ½ lemon, and a sprinkle a dash of salt and pepper.
7. Put taco together: fill your tortilla with rice, black beans, fajita veggies, and top with tomato and avocado salad.. enjoy!